To work effectively with the Museum Curator, Town Clerk, Project Architect and the Design and Interpretation Consultant to manage all aspects of Delivery Phase to ensure that Trowbridge Museum’s expansion is delivered to the appropriate quality standards on time and on budget.
To manage the QS services for the project.
To work with the Museum Curator, Facilities Manager and Project Architect as appropriate to procure the Main Contractor for the delivery of the main construction, repair, conservation and installation contract.
To work with the Museum Curator, Facilities Manager and Main Contractor as appropriate to procure the sub-contractors for the delivery of the Design and Interpretation elements and to monitor the performance of the Design and Interpretation consultant and the sub-contractors as required.
To report on all aspects of the project to the Museum Curator and support the Museum Curator in reporting to the Museum Development Group, the Museum and Tourism Committee and others as required.
To assist the Museum Curator with the preparation of reports and payment requests to the HLF.
Scope of work
The following list covers the main duties of the role but it is not exhaustive and does not itemise all the duties that might be reasonably expected of the Project Manager role.
• To assist the Museum Curator, Museum Development Group and Town Council with Project Governance
• Quality Control
• Project programme
• Risk Management
• Management of the Change Process
• Reporting and meetings
• Internal and stakeholder engagement
• Health & Safety and Security
• Work with the Design & Interpretation Consultant and Museum Curator to ensure Detailed Designs are produced as required
• Working with the appropriate Statutory Authorities
• In conjunction with the Facilities Manager and the Museum Curator ensure that the Town Council’s Procurement Process is used when required
• Work with the Project Architect and contractors to deliver the Construction and associated elements of the project
• Work with the Museum Curator, other staff and contractors to ensure the Museum collection is packed, decanted and relocated as required
• Work with the Museum Curator and contractors to ensure the historic textile related machinery is dismantled, conserved and re-located as required
• Assist the Museum Curator and Financial staff to ensure that all the financial elements of the project are managed within budget
• Handover and Rectification