Trowbridge Community Area Job Description
Job Title: Project Manager Youth and Community Development
Salary Grade: NJC SPS 29-33
Hours of Work: 16 hours per week
Effective start date: 1st September 2018 – 31st March 2019 ( Initial 6 month contract)
- To develop and sustain Youth provision in the neighbourhoods of Longfield, Seymour and Studley Green in line with TCAF’s charitable objectives
- To support the development of the active involvement of the residents of Longfield, Seymour and Studley Green in the management, improvement and celebration of their neighbourhoods in line with TCAF’s charitable objectives
- To line manage the qualified Youth Worker (who will line manage the remainder of the Youth team), community workers, volunteers and administrative staff in order to fulfil TCAF’s charitable objectives
- To oversee the operation and development of the BA14 Community Hub and the Hub Manager
- To raise funds to enable TCAF to fulfil its charitable objectives.
Responsible to: The TCAF Board of Trustees and specifically the Chair of the Trustees as Line Manager.
Key Accountability: The recruitment and leadership of a team of youth, community and administrative workers to deliver high quality provision with the neighbourhoods identified above.
Key Tasks are to:
Develop a strategic plan and business strategy for TCAF
- With the support of the Trustees recruit a team of appropriately qualified and experienced staff to work in the identified neighbourhoods to fulfil TCAF’s charitable objectives
- Ensure that the staff have appropriate induction and training
- Lead and manage the staff team including, deployment and time-keeping, hold staff meetings, review job descriptions and carrying out appraisals
- With the support of the Trustees ensure that policies are in place to meet all safeguarding and other requirements and that these policies are regularly reviewed and liaise with Trowbridge Town Council’s lead Safeguarding Officer who is also the lead for TCAF
- Liaise with the Anchor Partners of the BA 14 Community Hub to fix a rota and raise sufficient funds to appoint a Hub Manager
- Maintain oversight of the Hub’s development once a Hub Manager is appointed:
- With the support of the Trustees develop a fundraising strategy to raise finance for the charity to enable it to fulfil its objectives
- Undertake appropriate activities to raise funds for the charity such as researching potential funders, making applications, holding events, developing links with business etc.
- Manage the accounts on a day to day basis and liaise with the volunteer accountant to develop forecasts and budgets and ensure a report of finances is presented to each Trustees meeting
- With the support of the volunteer accountant and the Trustees ensure that all returns are made to the Charity Commission
- Support the meetings of Trustees ensuring that agendas and minutes are circulated
- Liaise with the Trowbridge Town Council and the Town Clerk over TCAF’s annual grant from the Council and other matters of mutual interest
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support TCAF in carrying out its activities