The scope of the work is to review the existing evaluation methods used by the Museum and to devise a framework that will effectively measure the outputs and outcomes for the duration of our HLF project, incorporating Learning and Outreach, activities and interpretation. The scope of this consultation will also include the production of evaluation materials and tools and training staff and volunteers to effectively use the framework. The framework will detail:
• What data will be captured
• How the data will be gathered
• How achievement will be monitored and measured
• How the results will be utilised to inform future programming and Forward Planning
Some of the project evaluation work will be carried out by staff and volunteers during the Delivery Phase. However, the consultant will undertake focussed more specialised elements of the evaluation which involve face to face consultation of organising focus groups.
The consultant will be expected to prepare an Evaluation Report at the end of the Museum’s expansion project.
Summary of outputs
The consultant will produce a framework in accordance with HLF guidelines and will consist of the following outputs:
• A detailed framework which specifies the outputs that are expected with the delivery of each activity
• Key performance indicators and associated quality indicators expected from delivering each of the activities identified within the Activity Plan
• A time-line for likely results
• Programmed Monitoring incorporating the most effective methods that are appropriate for the different audiences
• Identifying where appropriate the format and frequency of reports that can be fed into the evaluation process by the Project team
• A mechanism which enables the results of the monitoring activity to be reviewed, collated and interpreted to develop an Action Plan that can be utilised to enhance future programme development and delivery
• Devise a series of evaluation technique training sessions for staff and volunteers