Job Title: Youth Support Worker
Department: TCAF – Youth
Salary: £8.50 per hour
Hours of work: 3 Hours Per Week with potential for more Status: 4 month contract
Responsible to: TCAF Projects Officer
Contacts: The post holder should expect to have contact with:
- members of the public
- education officers and school staff
- community organisations and their representatives
- Wiltshire Council staff
- other Council service users
The main purpose of the role is to:
To work with TCAF Youth Officer and TCAF Project Manager and other statutory agencies to develop and deliver youth provision in those neighbourhoods identified nationally as being within areas of greatest need.
Working as a part-qualified Youth Worker for TCAF as part of an exciting new venture of youth provision in Trowbridge Community Area.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in establishing youth provision and activities in Trowbridge throughout the year.
- Support work with clubs and other community groups to ensure that young people are engaged in their communities.
- Carry out outreach work throughout the town, identifying concerns and hopes of young people; provide regular verbal reports to the TCAF Project Manager.
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage young people to participate.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant youth programmes, policies and practises.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all partners and community organisations, attending meetings as and when necessary.
- Assist in promoting and organising community projects for young people and offer support to events and activities.
- Communicate all town events and encourage young people’s participation.
- Undertake administrative duties as necessary, e.g. maintain accurate attendance registers, carry out risk assessments, session plan, evaluation and quarterly reports.
- Assist in the collation of management information.
- Assist in maintaining equipment and resources held by TCAF to allow staff to complete their tasks to the highest standard.
- Abide by and follow child protection guidelines laid down by TCAF and/or those clubs where activities are provided.
- Act responsibly in managing your own health and safety and that of anyone else who may be affected by your actions/omissions.
- Work in a confidential and professional manner and uphold the good reputation of TCAF in doing this you should abide by TCAF policies and procedures.
- Effectively promote youth provision to all young people irrespective of gender, race sexuality and disability.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL POSTS
The post holder will be expected to:
- attend additional training and development courses identified as a requirement for furtherance of the position or the post holder’s personal development.
- deliver youth work sessions which will fall at evenings or weekends.
- develop and deliver session plans for youth provision using Run a Club.
- provide ongoing evaluation and quarterly reports
- undertake any other duties which it would be reasonable for the TCAF to ask as part of the role.
The aim of this job description is to show the general purpose and level of responsibility of the post; it sets out the main duties of the post as at the date of issue.
Due to the changing nature of the business, such duties may vary and develop from time to time without changing the general nature of the post or level of responsibility. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not, of themselves, justify the revaluation of a post.